So me and my neighbor are starting to run out of stuff to keep our kids occupied so we decided to hike up waterfall canyon in ogden. The bottom picture is right before we took off on our 2 hour hike. I was a little worried about taking London but she did well and I only had to pick her up twice- to cross the water and when a whole bunch of bees made Braden cry she freaked out and wouldn't go past them. Usually Chad has to carry her every where so this was a HUGE day for her! That rattle snake was on the trail. It had been beaten to death but still- eww! I have never seen a snake that close except in cages so I was a little freaked out when we still had to go up the trail and back down. Of course all the boys had sticks so I told them they had to beat any snakes we found.It was beautiful at the top but very slippery so I was holding on to a rock as I took pictures. Going down was pretty scary because you had lots of oppurtunities to fall. London says she only fell twice because if she fell holding her stick the other times didn't count- but her dirty butt told another story! She had dirt on her face, her hands, dirt every where! Overall it was a good trip for us to get the kids out although London did fall apart about 5 minutes to the end of the hike and kept crying til I fed her. She is like her mother- if you don't feed us Carver women we get a bit moody!(It rearranged my pictues so the fourth picture is at the end and the bottom is at the beginning of the hike.)
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Nature Hike up Waterfall Canyon
So me and my neighbor are starting to run out of stuff to keep our kids occupied so we decided to hike up waterfall canyon in ogden. The bottom picture is right before we took off on our 2 hour hike. I was a little worried about taking London but she did well and I only had to pick her up twice- to cross the water and when a whole bunch of bees made Braden cry she freaked out and wouldn't go past them. Usually Chad has to carry her every where so this was a HUGE day for her! That rattle snake was on the trail. It had been beaten to death but still- eww! I have never seen a snake that close except in cages so I was a little freaked out when we still had to go up the trail and back down. Of course all the boys had sticks so I told them they had to beat any snakes we found.It was beautiful at the top but very slippery so I was holding on to a rock as I took pictures. Going down was pretty scary because you had lots of oppurtunities to fall. London says she only fell twice because if she fell holding her stick the other times didn't count- but her dirty butt told another story! She had dirt on her face, her hands, dirt every where! Overall it was a good trip for us to get the kids out although London did fall apart about 5 minutes to the end of the hike and kept crying til I fed her. She is like her mother- if you don't feed us Carver women we get a bit moody!(It rearranged my pictues so the fourth picture is at the end and the bottom is at the beginning of the hike.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
How fun! That snake is HUGE! I hate snakes!
Post a Comment