Sunday, July 20, 2008

First couple days in Missouri

I didn't get to say much about our pictures the other night because it was so late and I was tired but I wanted to explain some of the photos I posted from Missouri. So we flew in Thursday afternoon and my Dad and Shirley took us to eat out on the boat dock. There is a restaurant right on the dock- you actually float up and down while you eat. The kids had fun feeding the ugliest Carp fish that I have ever seen! The fish actually will climb on top of eachother to get the little pellets of food. The next morning we woke up and went climbing down into the creek/ditch behind Dad's house to find a snapping turtle- which we never found but after we got in the ditch Shirly started telling us to watch out for poison ivy, oh ya and brambery thorn bushes, poison sumac, ticks, and chiggers. YIKES! This is why we are wearing pants and long sleeves, it is NOT cold here. For lunch we had a picnic at the lake and played at a playground. Later their cousins Jaydra and Cianna came to spend the night also. The boys just played board games all night, but London was glad for some new girl cousins.

No comments: